In 1891, Bridgewater was the home to the region's first major agricultural Exhibition, held in the Drill Shed. Records indicate that the Lunenburg County Exhibition was to be held in Bridgewater on the 5th & 6th days of October.
Over the years the name has changed: The Lunenburg County Exhibition (1891), The Lunenburg County Exhibition Commission (1960), The Lunenburg County South Shore Exhibition (1967), and, finally, in 1973 the name was changed and remains The South Shore Exhibition.
The Big Exhibition has continued to grow and has expanded to approximately 42 acres of land, and houses over 500 head of livestock, commerical booth space, a large Arts & Crafts display, 4-H exhibits, the midway - which is provided by Campbell's Amusements, and much, much more.
For more information on the South Shore Exhibition, including details of this year's event (July 26 to 31) visit: www.thebigex.com.