|Address: 126 Pleasant Street
||Heritage Status: None|
|Built: circa 1894||Builder/Architect: Unknown|
|Style: Greek Revival
A small dormer intersects the eaves on one side of the home, just above two rectangular bay windows.
The two bays have long brackets and both have sawtooth ornamental design around the bottom.
The dormer over the veranda is complete with latticework detail.
The veranda had trelliswork along its eaves. The veranda was added after the completed construction of the house because a daughter had Tuberculosis and was in need of a sun porch
George J. Kelly, a monument maker, purchased the land from the heirs of J. Arthur Miller in 1894 and had this house built later that year. George J. Kelly passed this house as well as his trade onto his son, George W. Kelly. The house remained in the Kelly family for five generations.
Source: Built Heritage Files, DesBrisay Museum
|< Prev||Next >|