|Address: 153 Pleasant Street
||Heritage Status: Status|
|Built: 1860-64||Builder/Architect: Unknown|
|Style: Greek Revival|
This house has a large cross gabled roof
Each window on the upper floors have peaked hood moulding over them.
It had fluted corner boards with the original clapboard siding.
A decorative bargeboard adorn the eaves in a zigzag design
In 1864, Catherine Manning bought the property for $1200.00, which suggests that there was already the house located on the lot. A year previous to this, the lot was owned by James E. Waterman, a local Tanner who started the Waterman Tanning Company on Victoria Road. At the time of the Church Map of Bridgewater in 1883, it was owned by Ellen Middlemas.
Source: Built Heritage Files, DesBrisay Museum