43 Queen St.

Share This!
43_Queen
Address: 43 Queen St.
Heritage Status: None
Built: Between 1901 and 1913 Builder/Architect: 
Style: Shingle Style

 

Architecture:   

This home is dominated by a large dormer which resolves into a wide veranda roof, supported by brackets. A door and balcony are inset into the dormer and the opening is ornamented by sawtooth shingles. An interesting circular cross shape is incorporated into the railings.

 

History:   

The land was originally owned by Judge Mather Byles DesBrisay, author of The History of Lunenburg County. Percy Brown, a mining engineer,  had the home built. It was also notably owned by Charles J. Cragg, publisher of the Bridgewater Bulletin, from 1937 to 1944.

Source: Built Heritage Files, DesBrisay Museum