48 Davison Dr

Share This!


48_Davison_Drive

Address: 48 Davison Dr.

Heritage Status: None
Built:  1861-1890 Builder/Architect: Unknown
Style: Greek Revival

 

Architecture:

The original structure of this ā€œLā€ shaped gable roofed house featured clapboards, plain corner boards, and an open veranda. Some of its interesting features included turned veranda posts and ornamental brackets. The building is now highly renovated and has lost much of its original architectural elements although one can still see corner boards and turned cornices.

 

History:

There may have originally been a barn on this property for the 42 Davison Drive house, which has since been replaced by this building. It was owned by James Ramey ā€“ the same original owner of the next door property #42, followed by his son James T. Ramey, then Simeon and Waity Mailman. Following Mailman, owners included Henry Manthorne (ownership from 1925-1927), Aubrey Conrad (ownership from 1927-1961), and Marjorie Silver (ownership from 1961-1962). The property is on Davison Drive, formerly part of Aberdeen Road before the opening of the Veterans Memorial Bridge in 1984.

 Source: Built Heritage Files, DesBrisay Museum