125 King St.

Share This!

125 King

Address: 125 King St.

Heritage Status: None
Built: From 1880 to 1890 Builder/Architect: Unknown
Style: Greek Revival

Architecture:

  • This tall, shingle clad, gable roofed house has projecting bays on each side. Interesting elements of detail once included a transom window and bracketed cornice over main door, brackets and carved leaf design at corners of main roof and dormer roof, decorative shingle work under dormer gable and decorative panelling around the bay windows. The house is quite intact except modern alterations to the side door. 

History:

  • This house was built sometime between 1880 and 1890 for Captain James Ross who left it to his wife, Annie Ross when he passed in 1898. Annie Ross owned the house until 1933. Captain Ross managed the steam tug "LaHave" bringing schooners up the river to Bridgewater. 

Source: Built Heritage Files, DesBrisay Museum