|Address: 130 Aberdeen||Heritage Status: None|
|Built: 1875||Builder/Architect: Ephram Power|
|Style: Elements of Greek Revival|
The house once at this location featured a medium pitched gable roof, an off-centre doorway, moulded window hoods, and sidelights. Wide pilasters and lintel and cornice can also be noted. The house was destroyed and the property became a car wash location.
Ephram Power, a provincial land surveyor, built the original house circa 1875. Following Power, Edward D. Davison Jr. (the town’s first mayor) owned the house, and next his caretaker, James Bailey purchased the property. It remained in the Bailey family’s possession, as Alfred Bailey owned the property following James Bailey, from 1940-1975.
Source: Built Heritage Files, DesBrisay Museum