|Address: 178 Prince St.||Heritage Status: None|
|Built: circa 1860||Builder/Architect: Unknown|
|Style: Some element of Gothic style|
This house features a gothic dormer, the peak of which can be seen projecting above the large, shed roofed addition. It also had wide corner boards and bold eave returns at one time. The house has been significantly altered since its original construction, losing some of its architectural elements.
This dwelling is seen on the A. F. Church map (1883) as the property of Capt. James Ross who also owned the 125 King Street property. The owner is unknown after 1883 until a sheriff’s sale in 1928, at which point the new owner became Charles Mason. Following owners included James and Effie Mason, followed by Beulah Cantelope.
Source: Built Heritage Files, DesBrisay Museum