|Address: 173 King St.||Heritage Status: None|
|Built: 1858-1874||Builder/Architect: Alexander Stewart|
|Style: Greek Revival|
This is a simple 1½ storey house with a Greek Revival design. The vinyl siding alters the original appearance, with the exception of the original pillar caps and transom windows on the veranda.
This lot was bought by Alexander Stewart, a carpenter, in 1858 for around $100. In 1874, it was sold for $580, suggesting the house was built during this period. There were 13 different owners from 1858-1978.
Source: Built Heritage Files, DesBrisay Museum