|Address: 407 King St.||Heritage Status: None|
|Built: 1900||Builder/Architect: Unknown|
|Style: Main Street Commercial|
The architecture of the original building on this property exhibited interesting moulded panels and belt courses which gave an external definition to the second floor and attic levels. There was also a bracketed storefront cornice. This building displays a style typical of downtown Bridgewater following the fire of 1899.
The original building on this property was owned by Herbert S. Hall and was much larger, to accommodate the coal merchant company “H.S. Hall & Son” that opened in 1900 in Bridgewater. Herbert owned the property from 1899 to 1915, at which time it was passed to his son, Lowry, who held ownership from 1915 to 1922. Since then, the larger portion of the building was destroyed, and the rest burned in 1995. The building that exists now is a replacement, with a similar overall shape but with drastically different architectural elements.
Source: Built Heritage Files, DesBrisay Museum