|Address: 1139 King St.||Heritage Status: None|
|Built: 1898-1899||Builder/Architect: Unknown|
|Style: One-room schoolhouse|
Originally built as a one-room schoolhouse, this building had an entrance on the gabled end facing King Street. With its renovation in 1925, the new entrance was built, and the building was extended toward the road. One notable feature here is that the original foundation is made of rock, and the foundation underneath the addition is concrete. The entrance porch following the 1925 renovation had a pedimented gable and four-light transom window over double doors. The building has since lost much of its original character, with siding and a new door added.
This building was originally constructed as a schoolhouse called Riverview School. Facing problems with increasing numbers of students, this one-room schoolhouse was converted to two rooms in 1925. In 1936, grades 3, 4, 5, and 6 were moved to a central school and Riverview continued to serve the lower elementary grades. In 1976 the building was converted to a community centre. In 2011, the building was deregistered as a Municipal Heritage Property, and in the same year was converted to “Harmony Health Centre”.
Source: Built Heritage Files, DesBrisay Museum