|Address: 473-481 King St.||Heritage Status: None|
|Built: 1900||Builder/Architect: Unknown|
|Style: Main Street Commercial|
Originally, this building exemplified a brick façade with a corbelled cornice and segmented arches over the second floor windows. After renovations, these features have been lost and a simplified wooden façade can now be observed.
An excerpt from the Bridgewater Bulletin of October 3, 1899 states: “The work of excavation for the store of Jas. T. Powers is progressing rapidly,” thus the build date of 1900. James Powers was a merchant, dealing in the realms of hardware. Since then, this property has had multiple owners, including Samuel Marcus, a surgeon who also acted as the president of the Bridgewater Kiwanis Club. It has also housed many businesses such as “Doleman Ladies Shoppe Ltd.”, “The Gourmet Cafeteria”, “Shore Sound”, “Imports Unlimited”, “King of Donair”, “Three Guys Pizza”, and “Ios Greek Donair”.
Source: Built Heritage Files, DesBrisay Museum and Biography Files, DesBrisay Museum