|Address: 509-513 King St.||Heritage Status: None|
|Built: circa 1900||Builder/Architect: Unknown|
|Style: Main Street Commercial|
The storefront of this building has been greatly altered since its build. Some examples of these alterations include the removal of trellis-spindle work on the second storey recessed balcony, loss of the moulded panelling and dentilled cornice at the roof level, and removal of bracketed corner boards. The original window trim has also been changed.
Before the 1899 fire, Charles A. Taylor’s drugstore business resided at this location, but in 1899 it burned down and Charles died during this same year. A clipping from an 1899 Bridgewater Bulletin states, “Work has commenced on the foundation of the new store of Mrs. M. T. Taylor,” who owned the property from 1899-1901. Following this, Charles’ widow, Catherine had ownership. Since, other businesses occupied the building such as “Sally Shops Ltd.”, “Candy Centre”, “Sana Shoes & Jeans”, and “Vogue Optical”.
Source: Built Heritage Files, DesBrisay Museum