|Address: 537 LaHave St.||Heritage Status: None|
|Built: Built in 1924/re-built in 1947||Builder/Architect: Unknown|
|Style: No particular style|
This building is a shed roofed garage. One notable architectural feature is the decorative bargeboard work that extends above the roof of the larger part of the building. The original building in this location built in 1924 burned down in 1947 at which point it was rebuilt, with many changes made to its original architecture.
This lot was purchased by Locke Silver, an electrician, from his mother in 1911. The original garage was built here in 1924. Locke’s brother, Elbert, held ownership from 1919 to 1938, and Silvers’ Bros. Ltd. was established during this time. Locke and Elbert ran a garage here together until 1979.
Source: Built Heritage Files, DesBrisay Museum