|Address: 559-561 LaHave St.||Heritage Status: None|
|Built: 1908||Builder/Architect: George Harriot|
|Style: Elements of Italianate|
This building has a slightly gabled roof and box-like shape, with a façade form suggesting Italianate influence. This building has undergone many renovations throughout the years, including the filling in of the original storefront, remodeling of the window trim, and addition of the temple-fronted style.
George Harriot, who constructed this building, also owned it from 1908 to 1919 at which time it served the purpose of both his grocery store and residence. Following Harriot, Joseph and Esther Silver held ownership for five years while running a store there. From 1924 to 1971, Hilda Telfer owned the property, and like both Harriot and the Silver’s, she also ran a store.
Source: Built Heritage Files, DesBrisay Museum