|Address: 25 Pearl St.||Heritage Status: None|
|Built: circa 1880||Builder/Architect: Unknown|
|Style: Elements of Greek Revival|
This house is gable roofed, with a hip dormer on the side which intersects the eaves. Note the veranda, which has had replacement balusters since its construction. The house has been re-sided and the moulded window hoods removed, taking away from its original architecture.
On the A.F. Church Map of 1883, this house is identified as “W.H. Owen”. Due to its existence in 1883 and its architectural elements, it is likely that this house was constructed circa 1880. William Owen, a prominent barrister in Bridgewater, likely never lived in this house, but held ownership of the property until 1912. Following him, Morton Wile owned it from 1912-1967.
Source: Built Heritage Files, DesBrisay Museum