Downtown Plan Advisory Committee
On April 15, 2013, Town Council approved the the establishment of the Downtown Plan Advisory Committee (DPAC) - an advisory committee of Council - involving strategic partners, staff and members of Council.
The mandate of the DPAC is as follows, in accordance with the Committee's terms of reference:
"The Downtown Plan Advisory Committee shall advise Council on the development and management of an implementation strategy for Bridgewater's Downtown & Waterfront Master Plan Final Report (March 2013)."
Specific objectives of the Committee include:
- Consult with, advise and make recommendations to Council, through the Director, regarding strategic downtown improvements, including those related to the acquisition, assembly and/or development of land, infrastructure, recreation, programming, branding and planning policy, in accordance with the implementation strategy for the Master Plan.
- Encourage the development of and provide initial support for a Bridgewater Business Improvement District (BID) in accordance with the implementation strategy for the Master Plan.
- Promote communication and collaboration between various downtown stakeholders in an effort to facilitate the implementation of the Master Plan.
- Regularly monitor and measure the health of Bridgewater's downtown to determine the efficacy of implementation efforts, in accordance with the Master Plan.
- Through the Director, regularly update Council on the efforts undertaken and milestones achieved regarding the implementation of the Master Plan.
- Pursue funding opportunities for projects and initiatives outlined in the implementation strategy for the Master Plan.
- Provide input into Bridgewater's Planning Review process to influence municipal planning policy changes which support the implementation of the Master Plan.
- Assist with developing relevant communication and outreach tools and materials, associated with the implementation of the Master Plan, to facilitate community and stakeholder engagement.
For the DPAC's complete terms of reference, please click
Current DPAC Membership
Michael Graves, Councillor & DPAC Chair (TOB)
Bill McInnis, Deputy Mayor (TOB)
Sandra Mailman, Councillor (TOB)
Dan Hennessey, Bridgewater & Area Chamber of Commerce
Lisa MacAlpine, South Shore Health
Ida Scott, Bridgewater Development Association
Lisa Flemming, Bridgewater Mall
Jim Rofihe, Rofihe's Men's Wear
Brittany Hachey, The River Pub
Peter Oickle, resident
Jessica McDonald, Director of Planning (TOB)
Jamy-Ellen Klenavic, Planner (TOB)
Patrick Hirtle, Strategic Initiatives Coordinator (TOB) and Recorder