60 Pleasant Street, Bridgewater, NS, B4V 3X9
Tel: 902-543-4651 Fax: 902-543-6876
Emergency After Hours Tel: 902-543-5142

Common Questions FAQs

We receive many questions and concerns. Below we have highlighted some of the common enquiries, and how they are handled.

Our departments co-operate with each other, and in many instances, touching base with one individual usually initiates a chain of events to work on your behalf. Our receptionist is available to direct you to the appropriate department that can handle your enquiry.  Should you be unsatisfied with the results of your enquiry, you may ask to speak to the department head to voice your concern.  If the situation cannot be resolved, you may contact the Town Manager regarding the matter. Our receptionist can be reached at 902-543-4651.

Town Hall Hours

Share This!

The public offices located at Town Hall (including Finance, Community Development, and Engineering) at 60 Pleasant Street in Bridgewater, are open from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. daily from September 1 to June 30.

During the summer months, from July 1 to August 31, Town Hall public hours of operation are 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.

Donations To Our Collection

Share This!

DesBrisay Museum collects materials that form part of, or that are directly related to, the natural and cultural heritage of Lunenburg County, including objects neither made nor used in Lunenburg County, but which can be shown to be related to this County's heritage.

Our  collecting strategy considers the interests of community, regional, national, and international public institutions and include the following collecting categories:

  • Social - community, family, personal life, religion, recreation, education, law
  • Economic - industry (natural resource, specifically agriculture and lumbering), business, industrial, work, labour, transportation
  • Political, War - military
  • Natural History - geology, geography, archaeology, astronomy, botany, animal, anthropology
  • Cultural - indigenous, folklore, ethnology, art, music, architecture
  • Science - medicine, technology, communication.

If you have an item that fits the above criteria please contact Museum staff at 902-543-4033 to discuss the prospective donation further.

I’m moving and would like my water disconnected, who do I talk to?

Share This!

Let the revenue clerk or cashier know the time and date you will want the water disconnected, arrange access for the technicians to remove the meter, if no one is connecting, and leave us your new mailing address.

When is my garbage collected, I’m new in town?

Share This!

G.E.s All Trucking handles garbage collection for the town.  A copy of the schedule for regular waste collection, as well as special waste collections, can be obtained from the receptionist or on this page of our website.

Don’t miss a waste collection day again! The R6RECYCLES app can be downloaded to Apple and Android devices through your handheld's store. It includes your Collection Calendar, the "What Goes Where?" tool, and the Waste Sorting Game.

Don’t have a smartphone or computer? Call (902) 543-2991 to sign up for automated phone call reminders about your collection day.

Can I burn leaves in my yard?

Share This!

No, but there are special clean-up days for heavy items and leaves. Burning is no longer permitted in the town.

I don’t deserve this parking ticket.

The general office only takes payments.  You may talk to the police department, and in particular, the officer who issued the ticket.

Can you tell me how much my bill is?

The Department of Finance and Administration has records of all accounts billed and current balances, and is willing to advise you of the status of your account. You can reach them at 902-543-4651.

My water line broke and my basement is flooding, can you help me?

During the day, call 543-4651 (found in the blue pages under Governments, Municipal – all our departments are listed here), and we will send someone immediately. After hours please call our emergency number at: 902-543-5142.

I need a marriage license, where do I get one?

For information on marriage licenses, please contact the nearest Access Nova Scotia centre or visit https://beta.novascotia.ca/apply-marriage-licence for more information.

My neighbour’s dog roams and barks all night, can you help me?

If a dog is disturbing the peace,you can call 527-0063 which will put you in contact with the individual at the Bridgewater Police Department  responsible for enforcing any concerns/complaints with respect to the Dog Bylaw.

My assessment notice is wrong, can you correct it?

The Provincial Assessment Office is responsible for your assessment notice, and you should contact them.  They are located on Logan Road.  Telephone: 902-543-2267