|Address: 81 Alexandra Avenue||Heritage Status: None|
|Built: 1900||Builder/Architect: Unknown|
The house has a truncated hip roof with gable roofed wings projecting from the front and sides. On each wing, the bay windows are recessed beneath overhanging returned eaves which are accented by ornamental treillage. Belt courses define the first floor, second floor, and attic level, and the shingle wall surface is bowed out slightly to give further definition to the first and second floor. The original turned posts are sill in place on the front and back porches.
E. Percy Brown, listed in the deed as an "assayer", was the first recorded owner of this house. Brown entered into agreement to sell the house to the Rector, Wardens and Vestry of the Church and Parish of the Holy Trinity Anglican Church for $2,500. The sale eventually took place in 1917 but was against resold in 1917 to R. Burkely Robertson, a lawyer from Halifax.
Source: Built Heritage Files, DesBrisay Museum