|Address: 42 Davison Dr.||Heritage Status: None|
|Built: 1860||Builder/Architect: Unknown|
|Style: Gothic Revival|
This house features a symmetrical 3 bay façade, a pedimented dormer above the main door and a transom in the enclosed porch. The windows have 6 over 6 sashes and moulded window hoods, and the shingle wall surface is finished with medium width corner boards.
This building is thought to have been built in the 1860’s by James Ramey, a merchant. The property’s value in 1861 was $160, and this increased to $900 in 1890, which may mean the house was built as late as 1890 – although the early architecture suggests otherwise. The property was sold to James Ramey’s son, James T. Ramey, and then later owned by Simeon Mailman, followed by his wife Waity Mailman until 1931. The property is on Davison Drive, formerly part of Aberdeen Road before the opening of the Veterans Memorial Bridge in 1984.
Source: Built Heritage Files, DesBrisay Museum