Holy Trinity Anglican Church
|Address: 68 Alexandra Avenue
||Heritage Status: Municipally Registered Heritage Property|
|Built: 1856-1857 and 1889
|Style: Gothic Revival
The Anglican Church has interesting Gothic Revival features, including vertical board and batten siding, lancet windows, and lancet doors on the nave and tower. The tower has an interesting two-tiered, bellcast roof. The steeple features decorative shingles and lancet windows inlaid with lancet shaped tracery. The tower was originally built with a gallery but this was removed in 1889 to accommodate the steeple and bell tower.
The land was donated by John N. Hebb, a merchant. The church was built in 1856 and a new section was added in 1889. The bell was donated by Judge Mather Byles DesBrisay. After the Judge's death, the stained glass windows in the chancel were donated in his honour by his wife, Mrs. Ada DesBrisay.
Source: Built Heritage Files, DesBrisay Museum