|Address: 69 Pleasant Street
||Heritage Status: None|
|Built: 1882||Builder/Architect: Unknown|
Front piece is an extended gable and pedimented dormer with an enclosed porch below. The house is complete with ornamental bracketry where the eaves meet the corner boards, underneath the pediment and around the decorative front facade.
The house appeared on the A. F. Church map of Lunenburg County in 1883 and therefore the house must be older than 1883. The original owner of the house was G. H. Burkett, a general merchant. He was also the first president of the Lunenburg County Exhibition. Burkett purchased the lot for $750 in 1882, which is a lot for having no building on the property; however the present home was not there and was built by Burkett.
Source: Built Heritage Files, DesBrisay Museum