|Address: 143 Pleasant Street
||Heritage Status: None|
|Built: circa 1863||Builder/Architect: Unknown|
|Style: Greek Revival|
Grossed-gable roof with Gothic dormers on ell extension.
The central doorway, facing Pleasant Street, has matching bay windows.
A decorative bargeboard adorn the eaves in a zigzag design
Ornamental shutters adorn all windows
The fist owner of this home was James E. Waterman. He was a noted merchant and partner in the Waterman Tanning Company in Bridgewater. In 1881, the property was purchased by Thomas Keefler. He too was a merchant and, in 1882, decided to become involved in politics, successfully running for the Liberal seat and, briefly, becoming a member of parliament for Lunenburg County.
Source: Built Heritage Files, DesBrisay Museum