|Address: 150 Pleasant Street
||Heritage Status: None|
|Built: circa 1859||Builder/Architect: J. Edward Artz|
It has a gabled roof
A central Gothic dormer with decorative peaked hood moulding above the window
The doorway is given a lot of detail with sidelights, pilasters and prominent cornice.
The first floor windows have been replaced with larger ones.
The house still has its original clapboard siding
Since it is built in the cottage style, the house lacks extensive embellishment and is plainly trimmed.
J. Edward Artz purchased this lot from Christian Ernst in 1858. He was a carpenter by trade and built this cottage to serve as the home for himself and his new bride. Artz fondly names his home "Rose Cottage" and on the 1883 Church Map of Bridgewater, it appears listed as such. It remained in the Artz family for many years.
Source: Built Heritage Files, DesBrisay Museum