|Address: 342 King St.||Heritage Status: None|
|Built: 1871-1883||Builder/Architect: Unknown|
|Style: Queen Anne Revival|
This house shows features of the Queen Anne Revival style; it has a gabled roof and a large gabled ell. There is some existing decorative work under the eaves, identifying the former grand style of the house. A string course can be seen between the second storey and attic level, and there was formerly an elaborate veranda.
Identified as “Taggart” on the 1883 A. F. Church Map, this house belonged to Andrew and Elizabeth Taggart, who owned the property from 1871 to 1890. The architecture of the house suggests its build during the late 19th Century, so it is likely that the Taggart’s built it between 1871 and 1883. There were four more owners between 1890 and 1970, notably Abigail Wade, the widow of Capt. Joseph Wade (customs collector) and Edgar March, a prominent surveyor in the town.
Source: Built Heritage Files, DesBrisay Museum