|Address: 505 King St.||Heritage Status: None|
|Built: 1900-1905||Builder/Architect: R.H. Lamb|
|Style: Main Street Commercial|
The bracketed cornice that can be found at roof level on this property is the most distinctive remaining characteristic of its original form. Modern renovations have obscured much of the original detail of the first and second storeys.
Though no definite date is given, the Bridgewater Bulletin of October 24, 1899 states that the “building is rapidly approaching completion,” and there is also a photo of the adjacent Bank of Montreal building with this one in 1905, which leads to the build date of 1900-1905. Multiple businesses were located in this building, notably the selling of men’s apparel by George Hubley during his ownership of the property from 1913-1948.
Source: Built Heritage Files, DesBrisay Museum and Bridgewater Bulletin