|Address: 629 King St.||Heritage Status: None|
|Built: circa 1900||Builder/Architect: Unknown|
|Style: Main Street Commercial|
This building has undergone great changes through its time, and has thus lost much of its original elements. There were at one time balconies on the upper two storeys, which have since been filled in. The storefront detail has been removed through renovations.
Emmanuel Fronk, who owned this property from 1899-1908 likely acquired it from William V. Andrews who owned it before 1899 and built the present building circa 1900. Following Fronk, the most notable owner was Mohammed Rofihe (1901-1986), a native of Lebanon who opened up Rofihe’s Men’s Wear in 1926 which continues to this day.
Source: Built Heritage Files, DesBrisay Museum and NSObits