|Address: 700 King St.||Heritage Status: None|
|Built: circa 1908||Builder/Architect: Unknown|
|Style: Boomtown/False Front|
As is typical of a commercial building erected around the turn of the century, a boomtown style can be seen here with a raised cornice at roof level. Prominent end brackets can be seen, and an intermediate cornice can be found tying together the first floor windows and doorways. Shingle and clapboard siding is intact.
First owning the nearby 686 King St. property, George J. Kelly built this building in 1908 and owned the property from 1908-1933, at which point it was passed to his son, George W. Kelly who owned it from 1933-1973. Following this, George W. passed it to his son, George H. Kelly. Penney’s Insurance Ltd. was established in 1934 here, and continues to operate in the same location.
Source: Built Heritage Files, DesBrisay Museum and Bridgewater Bulletin