|Address: 409-413 King St.||Heritage Status: None|
|Built: circa 1900-1910||Builder/Architect: Unknown|
|Style: Main Street Commercial|
The architectural features of these buildings include lintels above the windows, shed roofs, and shingles on the second storeys. The architecture is nearly identical to the 417 King St. building. The storefront is mostly intact on the 413 King St. building, but was covered with a solid wall on the 409 King St. property in 1985.
The original owner of this property is unknown, but it is estimated that it was built c. 1900-1910. This is likely because of the nearly identical architecture to the neighbouring 417 King St. building built c. 1904. In addition, there is a photo taken in 1918 showing these buildings as established businesses. One notable owner of this property is Victoria Ernst, the town’s first female physician who held ownership until her death in 1940. Numerous establishments have inhabited this property, including “The House of Lights”, “McKay’s Pharmacy”, “Silver Sprocket Motori”, and “That Hair Place”.
Source: Built Heritage Files, DesBrisay Museum