|Address: 581-591 King St.||Heritage Status: None|
|Built: circa 1913||Builder/Architect: Unknown|
|Style: Main Street Commercial|
This building has a 2½ storey, shed roofed structure. A notable feature surviving from its original structure is the cornice with end brackets. Many architectural elements have been removed, including dentil work, a belt course separating the attic and 2nd storey levels, and raised corner boards. The storefront at street level has also been greatly altered from its original structure.
The exact build date of this building is not known, but is likely circa 1913. This is because Edward S. Davison (1889-1959) would have been too young to build the building directly after the Fire of 1899, but he sold it to Marquis Ducoffe in 1913, at which time it is likely that the building was erected. Ducoffe held ownership until 1918, followed by N.H. Phinney and Co. Ltd. (a music store) from 1918 to 1932.
Source: Built Heritage Files, DesBrisay Museum and Biography Files, DesBrisay Museum