Address: 98 Dufferin St. Heritage Status: None
Built: c. 1882
Builder/Architect: Unknown
Style: Italianate



This home features double bay windows on the gable end and has retained its original trim elements. Ornate cornerboard mouldings and returned eaves are intact. Many additions to the home have altered many of its original features.



This home was called 'The Wade House', as it  belonged to Capt. Joseph Wade. Wade was a successful merchant, shipping master, and collector of customs for the Port of Bridgewater. The home may also be associated with William H. Owen, barrister, and E.D. Davison Jr., industrialist and town mayor.

Source: Built Heritage Files, DesBrisay Museum