Address: 29 Dufferin St.

Heritage Status: None
Built: 1885 Builder/Architect: Unknown
Style: Greek Revival



  • Aside from a side entrance built to facilitate apartment conversion, this house retains most of its original features. The gable end facing Dufferin St. is quite intact and sports interesting window and door bays, moulded cornerboards, returned eaves, and moulded window hoods. A long ell at the rear of the house is built compatibly with the main structure. 



  • On the rear portion of the property stood the old Bridgewater Fire Hall which was owned by the Fire Dept. until 1923. That building was torn down in 1982. The house was owned by Arkanus Wile (a miller of the prominent Wile family) and Wynn A. Crouse.


Source: Built Heritage Files, DesBrisay Museum