45 Dufferin

Address: 64 Dufferin St.

Heritage Status: None
Built: 1877 Builder/Architect: Unknown
Style: Probably once Neo-Classical or Early Cottage Style


  • Although additions relating ot the modern day use of this house tend to dominate it, the form of the original structure can still be seen behind them. Elements of the original trim can be seen above the modern façade. Note the pediment dormer and old chimney which give a strong indication of the past character of the house. 


  • This house is identified as "J.Starratt" on the A. F. Church Map, c.1883. James Starratt arrived to Bridgewater from Annapolis in 1828. He was an entrepreneur and kept the town's first hotel located on the riverbank. William Hunter, a postmaster, owned the house from 1902-1935. 

Source: Built Heritage Files, DesBrisay Museum