Address: 39 Elm St.

Heritage Status: None
Built: c. 1890 Builder/Architect: James Keddy
Style: Greek Revival



  • The home was originally located lower down on the property where the railroad was located.  It moved uphill in the late 1880s and at that time the steep roofed attic section was added.  Note the Palladian attic window and the decorative shingle-work above it, and the ornamental treillage  and trim on the front veranda.



  • James Keddy built the original house. His son Joshua, who ran a hardware store in town, moved the old house and built the new additions to it. 


Source: Built Heritage Files, DesBrisay Museum