Address: 166 Prince Street
Heritage Status: None
Built: 1914
Builder/Architect: Unknown
Style: Bungalow or Cottage


Pitched roof sweeping down over front with a colonnaded veranda with interesting shed dormer at attic.  Windows are four-light supper sashes and 2-light lower sashes.


Not a lot is known of the original owner of this home.  “A. Crouse” was found scrawled on the inside of wood found while doing renovations and it is believed that A. Crouse built the house.  The lumber uncovered during the same renovation was also stamped “E. D. Davison” which was a local lumber mill, with two mills on the LaHave River near Bridgewater, and was once the largest sawmill in the province.

Source: Built Heritage Files, DesBrisay Museum