3.3 Hiring Policy and Procedures (Policy #35)
It is the policy of Council to always hire the most competent and qualified candidates available for a position. Accordingly, where there is a vacancy, an open competition is held combining both internal and external candidates. The employer recognizes the value of a planned approach to recruitment and selection whereby vacant or new positions are filled by the most competent and qualified candidates possible. The Policy and Procedures document (PDF format) outlines the recruitment and selection process.
Fire Apparatus Technician – Term (6 months, anticipated)
Responsible for performing regular maintenance on Fire Department Apparatus and equipment as outlined in the job description. This is an anticipated six-month term position to fill in for an absence. The length of term may be subject to change based on the return date of the incumbent.
Our vibrant community is seeking a motivated candidate to assume the role of Building Official / Fire Inspector for our Engineering Department on a one (1) year term, flexible contract.
Are you a people-person with good driving skills? Are you interested in being a part of a new and exciting Town service? Join our team and become a casual bus driver with Bridgewater Transit.
If you are looking for employment that allows you to use your friendly and courteous personality to connect with your community, please apply today!
As the ideal candidate, you have:
• High School Diploma or equivalent (required);
• Completion of a defensive driving course (may be supplied by employer);
• A valid Nova Scotia Class 1 or 2 Driver’s license (required) and a clean driving record;
• Three (3) years of experience working in a service occupation dealing directly with customers;
• Five (5) years of recent driving experience;
• Ability to work in Canada;
• Driving experience in a public transit environment is an asset.