Click here for more info on the IT Support Desk Technician with the Municipal Joint Services Board!
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY – IT SHARED SERVICE
IT Support Desk Technician
(Full time, Term – 1 year)
The Municipal Joint Services Board - Lunenburg Region, was formed in 2013 through a cost sharing agreement. Its purpose is to improve services for the residents of the Municipality of the District of Lunenburg and the Towns of Bridgewater and Mahone Bay.
The Information Technology Shared Services (ITSS) department has the important mission of keeping IT operations running smoothing for the supporting staff at these Partner organizations, and other local governments, and to ultimately provide solutions for accessible digital services that are convenient and user-friendly.
Located in the heart of South Shore Nova Scotia, we are a dedicated team with diverse experience and expertise. This is an exciting time to join the MJSB ITSS team as we expand our current services beyond the scope of support tickets into digital transformation projects. We are looking for people who are keen to make a difference, provide exceptional customer service, and lead the way in a new way of working.
About the role
The IT Support Desk Technician’s role is to ensure proper operation of the Municipal Joint Services Board (MJSB) technology environment, enabling the staff of our Partner and non-partner organisations, to provide municipal services to their citizens, businesses, and visitors. This includes actively resolving end user Level I support requests, and fixing root causes where possible, within established Service Level Agreements (SLAs). Problem resolution may involve the use of network diagnostic and help request tracking tools, as well as require that the technician give in-person, hands-on help at the desktop level.
As the ideal candidate you have:
- A college diploma or university degree in the field of computer science or an equivalent combination of education and experience; and
- ITIL Foundation certification or working knowledge of ITIL principles and service management practices is an asset.
- Valid Nova Scotia Driver’s License and access to a motor vehicle for providing support to customer sites.
- Three (3) years of technical support experience in a Windows domain environment, including troubleshooting simple to complex software and hardware issues.
- Experience with operations and diagnostics of desktop and server operating systems including Microsoft Windows Server 2016, Microsoft Windows 10 and 11.
- Application support experience with Microsoft products, including Office suite, Microsoft 365 online, SharePoint, Teams, and OneDrive.
- Working knowledge of LAN/WAN technology and networking equipment including (Cisco) routers, switches, and wireless access points.
- Understanding of application security concepts and Active Directory.
- Experience troubleshooting computer hardware issues, including configuration and deployment of laptops and desktops, installation of printing, scanning, and imaging devices, and mobile phones.
Other important details
- 35-hour work week. On-site and remote working are to be expected.
- Occasional after-hours support may be required.
- Salary range - $48,000 - $55,000, commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Regular/daily travel within Luneburg County should be expected. Occasional travel as far north as Halifax and as far south as Yarmouth may be required. Travel costs will be reimbursed per policy.
- Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as laptop computers, all-in-one computers, monitors, and other computer equipment will be required.
- Visit lrcrc.ca to view the full job description.
How to apply
- Deadline to apply is Thursday April 13, 2023.
- Please send your cover letter and resume, in confidence to:
Lisa Bozek, Director of Information Technology