The Public Service Commission of Bridgewater is seeking a responsible individual to fill the following unionized position:
Operator-in-Training / Facility Operator (12-month term, maternity leave)
This 12-month term position with the Public Service Commission of Bridgewater is a hands-on position that includes operator training specific to operation and maintenance of the Water Facility System consisting of the following major components: Treatment, Distribution and Source Water Area. The incumbent will be responsible under the supervision of the Water Facility Supervisor for the effective and efficient operation of the water facility in accordance with the facility’s operation manual.
Operator-in-Training / Facility Operator must possess the following qualifications:
• A high school diploma or equivalent and current enrollment or successful completion of a two-year technical program related to water treatment. An equivalent combination of related education and experience in a water treatment environment may be considered.
• Must hold a current Operator-in-training certification, or successfully complete the Nova Scotia Environment Operator-in-Training Certificate within 90 days of the date of hire
• Must possess a valid Nova Scotia Driver’s license
• Previous experience related to the position
• Experience in the operation of a municipal potable water facility would be an asset
Wages: Refer to Schedule A of the collective agreement.
Hours of Work: 40 hours/week in accordance with the collective agreement.
Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter prior to 4pm on Friday, March 23, 2018, to:
Ashley Chase, HR Admin. Assistant
60 Pleasant Street
Bridgewater, NS B4V 3X9
Fax: (902) 543-6876