60 Pleasant Street, Bridgewater, NS, B4V 3X9
Tel: 902-543-4651 Fax: 902-543-6876
Emergency After Hours Tel: 902-543-5142

NEW! The Town of Bridgewater's Energize Bridgewater project is working to help tenants, landlords, developers and homeowners in Bridgewater take charge of their monthly energy bills. We have complied resources to help you save money and reduce energy consumption. Learn more on the Energize Bridgewater website: https://www.energizebridgewater.ca/resources.


Land Use
By-law (Zoning)

Land Use By-law & Zoning Map:
The Land Use By-law (LUB) is the primary companion document to the Municipal Planning Strategy. The LUB is the means by which Town Council will carry out the intent of the Municipal Planning Strategy for land use and development purposes. This is done through specific municipal regulations and standards, for matters ranging from permitted land uses within each zone, property setback requirements, lot area and frontage requirements, landscaping requirements, sign and fencing requirements, and much more.


To confirm zoning for a property in Bridgewater, you may request a zoning confirmation letter ($100 fee) from the Town's Development Officer, who may be contacted at 902-541-4369 or This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Ask Us

Ask UsHave a question related to Planning? Sometimes the fastest way to get an answer is to speak with one of our friendly and knowledgeable staff!

phoneTel: 902-541-4369

emailEmail Us: develop@bridgewater.ca

Digital Fusion