Address: 28 Alexandra Ave.

Heritage Status: None
Built:  c. 1890 Builder/Architect: Unknown
Style: Queen Anne



  • This house has been vinyl sided, and as a result many of its subtle trim details around windows and eaves have been removed. However, major elements of the original design still survive, notably the octagonal corner tower.



  • James T. Powers, the home's first owner, as a merchant. The home stayed in the Powers family until 1940, when it was sold to Bernice Harding McDougald, whose husband Cecil was the Town Manager.


Source: Built Heritage Files, DesBrisay Museum