|Address: 78 Dufferin St.||Heritage Status: None|
|Built: c. 1880
|Style: Modified Gothic Revival|
This home features original windows and mouldings and decorative bargeboards. Some of its additions and renovations are nearly seventy-five years old and have become historical in their own right. Its bay windows were replaced with double mullioned windows and some window hoods on the facade were replaced with round-headed windows. Intricate two-storey verandas were added over the front door and on the right side.
This home was owned by William Owen, a barrister, master of the Supreme Court and U.S. consular agent. Later owned by Frederick Prince, a noted local physician, who opened the first medical clinic on the South Shore.
Source: Built Heritage Files, DesBrisay Museum