0325 King Street

Share This!

Address: 325 King St.

Heritage Status: None
Built: c.1870 Builder/Architect: Unknown
Style: Maritime Vernacular 


  • This long-standing house is fairly intact except for a large window added on the front façade. It is quite plainly trimmed except for the central, projecting frontispiece which has interesting round headed, mullioned windows with molded hoods and a single round headed window in its attic pediment. It also has intact molded capitals on the veranda posts.


  • This was the old Bridgewater Baptist parsonage. Although the land on which it stands was not conveyed until 1872, records indicate that Stephen Edgar March was born here in 1870, so clearly the parsonage was built before the trustees actually acquired the land. In 1889, the parsonage was sold to James Curll, a merchant, who later became the towns first Town Clerk from 1889-1925.

Source: Built Heritage Files, DesBrisay Museum