good post office

 

Address: 613-616 King Street Heritage Status: Municipally Registered Heritage Property
Built: 1909 Builder/Architect: Unknown
Style: Federal Style 

This building was designed by David Ewart and was built in 1909 by builders Faulkner and MacDonald. Its bold architecture resulted in the building becoming a significant landmark in Bridgewater. This building was built in the federal style, with the ground level windows featuring a round headed shape with stone arches. The foundation of the building is made from local granite and the face of the building features red sandstone, which was likely quarried from Annapolis Valley. There structure also has a Dentilled Cornice, which is the small tooth like decorative block design that crowns the building. There was once a clock tower on this building, but it was removed in the 1950’s. The building originally served as a Post Office and continued to until 2010. The building now has commercial space and some apartment spaces as well.

Source: Built Heritage Files, DesBrisay Museum

 

 

powered-by-dfi-heritage