PAVEMENT RENEWAL IS COMING
Planing and paving starts throughout Bridgewater on August 25
The Town of Bridgewater will be coordinating pavement management improvement projects over the next several weeks including planing and paving on:
- Aberdeen Road (Miller Dr. to Chapel Hill Rd.)
- Aberdeen Road (Hirtle Dr. to Davison Dr.)
- Alexandra Avenue (Cornwallis St. to Park St.)
- Christie Street (Walnut St. to Parkdale Ave.),
- Dufferin Street (Exhibition Dr. to Plaza Entrance)
- Exhibition Drive (Jubilee Rd. Intersection)
- Jubilee Road (Duke St. to Marlboro Ave.)
- King Street (Eisenhauer Lane to Starr St.)
- King Street between (Oickles Ln. and Fresh Cuts)
- LaHave Street (Near Most Wanted Pawn Shop)
- LaHave Street (Elm St. to Silvers Hill)
- Starr Street (Civic #91 to above King St.)
- High Street (Civic #170 to #209)
- Glen Allan Drive (Sweeny Ln. to Hollingsworth and across from LaHave Ball Field)
- Nafthal Drive (Civic #4 to #22)
- Pine Street (Medway St. to Marie Ave.)
- York Street (near Lighthouse Publishing).
Dexter Construction Ltd. is tentatively scheduled to begin the work on Sunday, August 25, with a three-week completion date, weather dependent. Each street will take anywhere from a few hours to a few days to complete.
The purpose of our annual pavement renewal work is to upgrade the condition of the road and provide a better drive for our community's motorists.
The work will include traffic being controlled with Traffic Control Personnel. Every effort will be made to
minimize the disruption to residents in order to complete the work, however you should expect some traffic delays.
WHAT TO EXPECT
Traffic delays, dust, noise, and heavy equipment are common elements of planing and paving. We are committed to providing a work site that is safe and orderly.
Working hours are generally 6:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. It should be anticipated that the contractor might choose to work longer hours and weekends to complete the work on schedule.
Individuals with special needs who may be uniquely impacted by this project should contact the Project Manager as soon as possible to make them aware of your situation. We will work with you in an attempt to minimize your inconvenience as much as possible.
If you have any questions or would like to discuss this further, please feel free to contact the following:
Sandi Larkin, Project Manager, Town of Bridgewater – Engineering Department
Regularly scheduled Solid Waste Collection will continue. Residents are reminded to have items to the
curb prior to 8:00 a.m.
Collection calendars are available from the Engineering Department and at www.bridgewater.ca
The Town of Bridgewater regrets any inconvenience caused to residents and businesses, during this work. Please be patient and allow for extra travel time getting around Bridgewater during work.