There are a number of Remembrance Day events taking place in and around Bridgewater in 2019, like every year. Here's a small sampling of what you can expect to see here in Bridgewater over the next few days:
- On Saturday, November 9, beginning at 10 a.m., you can join local historian Peter Oickle at Brookside Cemetery for a walking tour focused on those who served and their stories. This walk is offered for free.
- Also on Saturday, November 9, the DesBrisay Museum will host an afternoon celebration of our Veterans, beginning at 2 p.m. The event is free and will include a performance by the Bridgewater Fire Department Band Quartet.
- At 3:30 p.m. on Saturday, at St. Paul's Lutheran Church on the corner of Phoenix and Pleasant, a special screening of "A Time to Remember" will take place, featuring historic interviews with local veterans.
- The 9th annual Vigil of Remembrance by the 62 Niobe Royal Canadian Sea Cadets will take place at the Cenotaph from 7 p.m. Sunday, November 10, until 7 a.m. on Monday, November 11. The public is invited to attend a small ceremony Sunday at 7 p.m. This vigil is how the cadets say thank you to past and present Veterans each year.
- On Monday, November 11, the traditional Service of Remembrance at the Cenotaph at Brookside Cemetery (corner of York Street and Victoria Road) will take place. The public is invited to arrive for 10:30 a.m., with the processional to the Cenotaph scheduled for approximately 10:40.
For those unable to attend in person, weather permitting, we will be live-streaming the service at the Cenotaph on the Town's Facebook page.